Sunday 1 January 2012

Here Goes....

Hi there, and welcome to my blog!  This is the first time I've tried making my own blog, so bear with me if things seem a little rough around the edges at first.

I figure that my first post ought to be something of a mission statement, so you can decide if this blog is something you're going to want to keep reading or not.

It all began toward the end of 2011, as I stared at my many boxes of wargaming models, collected over the past 23 years.  I was shocked by the sheer variety of models that I had purchased on impulse over the years, and even more shocked by the minute percentage that had been painted.  It was then  realised just how deserved my reputation as a wargaming butterfly really was.  So, I decided that 2012 would be a good time to apply a little discipline to my hobby.  I have identified the following goals (whether I can stick to them or not only time will tell):

  1. Pick a few projects each year to work on (part of this is also to move from 28mm to 15mm and smaller models for all games other than skirmish games/specific tournament armies).
  2. Finish what I start
  3. Identify projects that will never be taken on/finished, and sell the models on to fund current projects.
  4. Keep a record of what I have painted throughout the year
  5. And, on a personal note: Attend more tournaments.
Any lessons/tips I learn, I'll share with you on this blog.  Likewise, if you have any useful tips to share with me, just feel free to make comments in the appropriate posts.

I'm going to go away and have a think now about which projects to work on in 2012.  They'll form the core of my next post, and I'll try to update the blog every Monday evening, real world events permitting.

 As a little taster of what is to come, here's the last model I painted in 2011, for the Frothers Unite UK forum's inaugural painting competition.  It's a Dunger from Ramshackle Games.  I've named it a King Dunger , as I wanted it to be a leader for my Dunger packs.  Some green stuff was used to bulk out the fur around the head and shoulders to make a lion-like mane.  Dungers are one of the projects I'm intending to run with this year, and there's a little back story to them .  I'll save that for a later post.

Thanks for sticking with me thus far.  I hope you'll enjoy this blog and will follow it from these humble beginnings for some time.







No comments:

Post a Comment