Thursday, 14 November 2013
Goblin Unit Fillers
I found a Mantic Orc sprue in my cupboard with this pair of orclings attached. figured that with a little GS work, they would work well alongside the leftover 15mm Demonworld Goblins that I'll be using in my Mighy Armies Orc force.
Basically, I needed to change the areas around the nose and ears, as it looks like the original models are meant to be something like baby orcs. I also didn't like the eyes on the prone model, so I built up the cheeks and brows a bit and added smaller eyes. Don't know if he's supposed to be tired/lazy or a casualty. The green bases were added so that they would match height-wise with their Demonworld mates, who are sculpted with integral bases.
Haven't dared set about these with the primer yet. I'll let the GS set overnight and deal with final clean-up and painting tomorrow.
In other news from the paint station, I will be using transfers to complete the shield on my Libyan spearman. Once my order arrives, I will have a unit of spearmen and an elephant completed and ready to go for my Ancients force. Pictures, of course, when they are properly finished, based and varnished.
Although I will need plenty more units of spearmen, I'm looking forward to painting up some Libyan skirmishers with javelins next. They will add a touch of the exotic to my painting queue, since they are equipped with ostrich-feather shields. Plus, I reckon they should only need 2-3 to a base, so they will be quick to complete.